Advanced Programs at Academics preKindergarten
Academics preKindergarten offers advanced programs for families that are interested in specialized arts and sports. These programs are available during the school day and offer parents both convenience and quality through private or small group lessons with qualified experienced staff. Advanced program offerings vary by term and by school; please contact your specific location for more information.
Academics offers private or small group piano lessons. Our qualified piano teacher is certified to teach our young students how to play the piano. These lessons are available during the school day for your convenience.
As students of Piano, your children will benefit from an environment that promotes:
• develop children's natural creative abilities.
• perfect their natural learning processes. Music is a language, and children are programmed to absorb languages. Piano lessons help children develop the very same skills needed to accomplish language arts, like reading.
• Students learn how to follow directions, scan written materials, think critically, create solutions and translate writing into action.
• Learning to play the piano involves an interplay of both right and left brain activity that stimulates neural development.
• learn how to stay focused and achieve goals.
• develop courage. It takes courage to face challenges without letting our anxiety and worries get the best of us.
• A key part of accomplishing anything difficult is not to give up easily. As children grow, piano lessons teach kids to try and then try again if they don't initially succeed.
Academics offers a Karate program for children aged 2.5 to 5 years old. Each child will be provided a White Belt and each Karate Term will end with Student Testing & Belt Graduation.
As students of Karate, your children will benefit from an environment that promotes:
- Health, confidence, respect, discipline, patience
- Responsibility, honesty, will power, leadership
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Hand/eye coordination
- A strong and positive attitude.
Each Karate class is a personal journey of growth and fitness.
The Karate program is inspirational, focused, and recognizes that kids are kids. A steady karate practice helps to develop well-rounded character while increasing mental concentration, presence, and focus.
Academics preKindergarten partners with PGA professionals to offer Introductory Golf Programs to their students ages 3 to 5.
As students of Golf, children benefit from an environment that promotes:
- Hand/eye coordination
- Manners & Player Etiquette
Golf is a sport that can be played alone and in groups. It can be played all your life and shared with family members. It teaches the benefits of practice and consistency as their swing improves and their understanding of the game.
Outdoor Education - Forest School
"Must we always teach our children with books? Let them look at the mountains and the stars up above. Let them look at the beauty of the waters and the trees and flowers on earth. They will then begin to think, and to think is the beginning of a real education." David Polis
Our Outdoor Education Program allows children an opportunity to learn through full day outdoor experiences.
As students, children benefit from an environment that promotes:
- Mastery of emerging physical skills
- Aesthetic Awareness
- Physical Activity
Academics preKindergarten partners with Arts Umbrella to provide unique programming to our schools. Our most popular program is Creative Dance, which encourages coordination, balance, self-confidence, and creativity to participating students. Receiving an education in the arts provides children with skills they need to lead a successful life, including enhanced innovative thinking skills, a broader view of themselves and the opportunities available to them, and an appreciation of how to work well with others.
Please visit Arts Umbrella for more information on their programs.